The Originality in
My Idea
For my originality in my idea I tried to make a city that is
based on futuristic cities. I had taken influences from very modern looking
cities such as Tokyo, New York and Toronto to create a sci-fi environment that
was actually practical. I didn't want it to be as fantastical in terms of how
it would actually play out. I wanted an environment that would be practical
from the point of view of a person that was actually living in the world, which
is why I took my references from things that are present in real life. For this
project, I was influence by a lot of different types of media. Films like Blade
Runner and Minority Report had a heavy influence on my environment because I
feel that they both show a future that is somewhat realistic. They show
environments that are gritty, but also ones that you are able to imagine could
actually be a realistic possibility in the future. A video game that greatly
influenced me was the Mass Effect series, as they not only have a variety of
functioning worlds but the attention to detail that the game provides immerses
the player in such a way that it really enhances the overall experience. Each
world feels unique, with the different species that are shown in the game
actually functioning on the planets as you explore each of the planets. This
was helpful to see, because I wanted my environment to be practical as well as
looking nice from a visual point of view. The visuals that I imagined for my
environment would be tall skyscrapers that had very bright lights on them. This
would be in contrast to the dark sky background that would really make the
lights stand out.
This is a picture of Toronto at
night time. The sleek, tall buildings with the bright lights really give the
city a very modern look in my opinion. I would ideally take a small sample of
the city and use that as inspiration for my project. One of the things I noted
is the variety of buildings that are available in that picture. The CN tower is
located at the back but it is both a different colour than everything else in
the picture and is also raised much higher than the other buildings. The
important thing to note is that none of the buildings in the picture are all
the same size, and I think this is important to remember when trying to create
a realistic environment.

No comments:
Post a Comment